Associate Product Development Engineer Sustaining R & D
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists in maintaining and supporting a variety of design change projects related to medical devices already in commercial distribution.
- Designs, runs, and gathers data for a series of experiments.
- Analyzes and documents test results in a laboratory notebook.
- Participates in the design, documentation, and revision of test methods and procedures.
- Creates new or revised engineering drawings, specifications and other design related documentation.
- Designs, documents and implements new or revised manufacturing and/or test tooling and equipment.
- Participates in installation and calibration of R&D or Pilot manufacturing equipment.
- Assist with processing Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), Document Change Orders (DCOs) and otherengineering documentation.
- Assists with implementing design control requirements.
- Supports laboratory and clinical research.
- Supports production and manufacturing.
- Assists in vendor contract and specification development.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related tasks as necessary.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word/Excel). Experience with Minitab statistical software is a plus.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (e.g. Chemical, Mechanical or Bio-Engineering) or a related scientific discipline (e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Physics), or equivalent work experience
Experience: Minimum of one year related experience in a medical device manufacturing environment.
Mechancial Tesitng and Instron experience highly desired.
Ability to analyze data and apply sound scientific principles to its interpretation.
Self motivated, with the ability to accomplish project goals with minimal supervision.
Self starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Strong knowledge and adherence to Good Documentation Practices.