In this role as Product Compliance Assistant you will work closely with the Product Development and R&D Departments, and take ownership of their given responsibilities. There are many other components in addition to the responsibilities listed below:
- Maintain 3rd party compliance manual, by working with Intertek Testing Services to keep the manual up-to-date
- Communicate new/updated compliance regulations with all factories and product development staff to ensure products are meeting the most current regulations
- Responsible for all factory communication, record collection related to product compliance
- Maintain and create monthly certification reports for all children and adult products for all factories
- Work closely with the Factory QA Team and Product Development Team to help provide additional direction and support in the overall testing and QC process.
- Create and track all expenditures for testing items. Review and approve test quotations and proposals for all factories
- Review test reports for passing results and general accuracy and communicate questions or concerns immediately to the factory or 3rd Party Testing Lab
- Maintain special customer requirements and communications for all testing and standards beyond the company standards
- Maintain monthly testing status for all items to insure all items are current and older items are purged.
- Provide critical information for any customer QA or product development surveys as they are required
- Assist Logistics department in collecting and reviewing all compliance information for specific retailers
- Assist Product Development managers in collecting and reviewing all compliance information for international retailers.
- Maintain and utilize large Excel spreadsheets which contain test report information, ensuring the data is current and complete
- Conduct any related compliance or testing training for staff as required
- Attend yearly seminars on testing and compliance as they relate to US and Canada regulations
- Work closely with, and communicate effectively with multiple departments
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
- Project management experience
- 5years background in testing, compliance or quality control environment.
- The candidate can come from any type of manufactured products, --food, medical, pharma. housewares, hard goods, soft goods, building products that are manufactured and are subject to Regulatory Compliance and Quality Assurance.
- Proficient with MS Office software, specifically Excel
- Highly organized with extreme attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and a sense of urgency as required