Avalere Health is seeking an Associate Principal/Principal to join its Market Access Team. This position will support our growing practice in the areas of Vaccines, Antimicrobials, Emerging Infectious Diseases and COVID -19. We rely on deep subject matter expertise and understanding of the business issues facing our clients to assess how this changing market landscape impacts the pharmaceutical industry, managed care plans, providers, and consumers. We provide analytic support and advisory services, including commercial and market access strategy, regulatory analysis, and quantitative modeling of proposed and enacted policies to a wide range of clients across the healthcare industry.
Among Avalere’s many capabilities, its dedicated team of subject matter experts serves as trusted advisors on strategy development and implementation to leading pharmaceutical manufacturers and has deep relationships and experience in the larger policy and advocacy community.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the areas of Infectious Disease, and or Vaccines Marketing, Market Access and Commercialization.
- Meet or Exceeds annual business development and revenue targets commensurate with level
- Lead cross-functional, practice teams to solve complex client problems, and engage clients with novel solutions and ideas related to vaccine commercialization strategy
- Recognized Internal and External subject matter expert (SME) among technical staff, vendors/partners, client teams, and others to ensure the operational and financial success of projects and programs under management
- Create both strategic and tactical recommendations for Inf Disease, Vaccines, and other clients for both brand-level and above-brand priorities
- Manage multiple clients, as well as short- and long-term deliverables, to ensure that all Avalere’s knowledge and expertise are available to meet client needs
- Solve complex client issues in a timely and appropriate manner with minimal management oversight and attention to resources
- Conceptualize, design, and execute—from start to finish—a broad range of client projects involving diverse cross-functional (e.g., relating to analytics) and cross-practice (e.g., relating to policy, coverage and reimbursement) teams
- Co-lead business development efforts with other Avalere subject-matter experts and account managers
- Assist in the development and review of scopes of work, budgets, timelines, and other business documents
- Develop and maintain a professional level of knowledge regarding Avalere’s and Inovalon’s services and products
- Contributes to project profitability
- Engages clients with novel solutions and ideas; deepens client relationships
- Creates both strategic and tactical recommendations for clients
- Makes meaningful business development and sales contributions
- Writes scopes and SOWs
- Mentors, supervises, and trains staff members within the Market Access Practice and across the firm
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position;
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Company;
- Uphold responsibilities relative to the separation of duties for applicable processes and procedures within your job function; and
- We reserve the right to change this job description from time to time as business needs dictate and will provide notice of such.
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to concisely explain complicated concepts to executives within and outside of the firm
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- A graduate degree in business, operations management, health sciences, finance or economics. A combination of bachelor’s degree and in-depth relevant work experience is also acceptable.
Additional Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated team leadership skills and ability to manage, mentor, and develop junior staff.
- 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience, which could include prior consulting experience in this area and/or employment at a leading vaccine or biopharma manufacturer in infectious diseases in a combination of managed markets, marketing or other commercial roles.
- New product launch planning experience.
- Subject matter expertise should reflect an expert-level understanding of:
- The vaccines or infectious diseases therapeutic area
- Ideal – Seasonal and Pandemic Vaccines Experience.
- Biopharma market access, business units, brand teams, customer account teams (e.g. payers, providers or public sector), trade and distribution, and other commercial functions
- Demonstrates advanced consulting acumen
- Demonstrates advanced project management acumen
- Exemplary interpersonal skills that translate into positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and clients
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Sedentary work (i.e. sitting for long periods of time)
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force
- Frequently or constantly to lift, carry push, pull or otherwise move objects and repetitive motions
- Subject to inside environmental conditions