Position Description Summary
This role is responsible for providing design and engineering guidance on projects as well as management of a team of engineers. This role acts as the technical design expert and ensures engineering standards are maintained and adhered to.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities
- Provides design and engineering support to other departments as needed. Partners with team to ensure engineering standards are maintained and followed. Stays current on industry trends and issues.
- Manages conceptual design for specific projects. Prepares complex preliminary redline design layouts for estimating. Performs complex calculations for projects, such as heating/cooling loads, equipment selection and sizing, etc., depending on discipline—HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, fire protection, etc.
- Performs site inspections to determine compliance with construction documents and resolves design issues during construction phase.
- Attends project team meetings as design expert.
- Responsible for successful achievement of project goals and objectives.
- Manages a smaller group of engineers, including staffing, training, coaching and performance management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of applicable systems design, such as HVAC, plumbing, etc., as well as all design engineering aspects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communication with all levels of employees, clients and general contractors
- Proven ability to lead an engineering group
- Strong public speaking ability
- Strong computer skills, including Revit, CADD, and Microsoft Office Products, such as Excel
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation including CAD drawings, Blueprints, Submittals, etc.
- Ability to work at a computer terminal with mouse and keyboard for several hours per day.
- Ability to visit job construction areas and climb stairs, maneuver in and around pipe work and air ducts and work safely in close proximity to construction materials and equipment
- Demonstrate loyalty to TCM, its management, and employees.
- Commitment to TCM's Core Values.
- Actively participate in Lean implementation, policy development and training.
- Actively participate in open, honest, and effective communication, within all levels of TCM.
- Demonstrate forthrightness, with the ability to proceed straight ahead and be frank and candid with open and in-depth communication. – Speak freely.
- Deal with issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Demonstrate resiliency; quickly recover from adverse issues.
- Demonstrate and display honesty, integrity and personal accountability.
- Develop strong business relationships and hold direct reports and peers in our organization personally accountable for their duties and responsibilities.
- Accept change as a necessary process for successful execution of our projects.
- Always ask for help or assistance when needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required
- PE license required
- Minimum 12 years' relevant experience, including minimum 5 years' people management
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match (no cap) and immediate 100% vesting
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Holidays/Vacation/Sick Leave
- Training opportunities and company paid professional associations and licenses
For more information on TCM, please visit our web site: www.TCMcorp.com or on Facebook and LinkedIn
Southland Industries/TCM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing our employees with a safe work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Southland Industries are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Southland Industries will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**All employment offers are contingent upon successful, drug test, background check and professional reference checks**