It takes a talented, committed and hard-working team to make a company successful. TCM hires the very best people, and in return we foster an environment where our employees can learn and grow in their career.
TCM maintains an open and honest workplace, and our company depends on employees' insights to improve processes and workflow. In short, we are proud of our work. This is reflected in every project, every product, and in every relationship. If you want to be part of a team where opportunities and challenges go hand-in-hand, then we want to hear from you.
Our Core Values
- We are one team.
- We do the right thing.
- We keep our commitments.
- We think ahead.
- We foster a rewarding place to work.
- We have fun.
- We keep a strong work ethic.
- We hold ourselves accountable.
- We are transparent.
- We make our client's job easier.
- We build things right.
- We are proud of our work.
Position Description Summary
This role is responsible for providing design and engineering guidance on projects as well as management of a team of engineers. This role acts as the technical design expert and ensures engineering standards are maintained and adhered to.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities
- Provides design and engineering support to other departments as needed. Partners with team to ensure engineering standards are maintained and followed. Stays current on industry trends and issues.
- Manages conceptual design for specific projects. Prepares complex preliminary redline design layouts for estimating. Performs complex calculations for projects, such as heating/cooling loads, equipment selection and sizing, etc., depending on discipline—HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, fire protection, etc.
- Performs site inspections to determine compliance with construction documents and resolves design issues during construction phase.
- Attends project team meetings as design expert.
- Responsible for successful achievement of project goals and objectives.
- Manages a smaller group of engineers, including staffing, training, coaching and performance management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of applicable systems design, such as HVAC, plumbing, etc., as well as all design engineering aspects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communication with all levels of employees, clients and general contractors
- Proven ability to lead an engineering group
- Strong public speaking ability
- Strong computer skills, including Revit, CADD, and Microsoft Office Products, such as Excel
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation including CAD drawings, Blueprints, Submittals, etc.
- Ability to work at a computer terminal with mouse and keyboard for several hours per day.
- Ability to visit job construction areas and climb stairs, maneuver in and around pipe work and air ducts and work safely in close proximity to construction materials and equipment
- Demonstrate loyalty to TCM, its management, and employees.
- Commitment to TCM's Core Values.
- Actively participate in Lean implementation, policy development and training.
- Actively participate in open, honest, and effective communication, within all levels of TCM.
- Demonstrate forthrightness, with the ability to proceed straight ahead and be frank and candid with open and in-depth communication. – Speak freely.
- Deal with issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Demonstrate resiliency; quickly recover from adverse issues.
- Demonstrate and display honesty, integrity and personal accountability.
- Develop strong business relationships and hold direct reports and peers in our organization personally accountable for their duties and responsibilities.
- Accept change as a necessary process for successful execution of our projects.
- Always ask for help or assistance when needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required
- PE license required
- Minimum 12 years' relevant experience, including minimum 5 years' people management
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match (no cap) and immediate 100% vesting
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Holidays/Vacation/Sick Leave
- Training opportunities and company paid professional associations and licenses