Research, Development & Quality
In Research, Development & Quality (RD&Q), your skills can be the special ingredient that brings our brands to life. As part of a fantastic team of scientists, engineers and nutritionists, you’ll work tirelessly on product design or development, process development, quality, nutrition, sensory and food safety aspects to ensure we deliver a consistent, delightful consumer experience. RD&Q is where you’ll turn great ideas into brilliant brands.
This position is for an Associate Principal Engineer in the North America Packaging Development Productivity Group.
The candidate will be the project lead for significant Packaging Development Initiatives in support of key NA Regional productivity platforms. The focus of the Initiatives will be in Biscuit, with the opportunity to lead Confectionery Programs. As the project lead, you will be accountable for delivering programs from concept to commercialization. The candidate will work closely with the Packaging and Procurement teams, operations, business teams as well as other internal and external partners. As the project Lead, the candidate will need a strong skill set in project management, influencing, drive for results, communication and leadership, as well as owning the accountability of executing programs and delivering productivity savings.
- Packaging Development Leader for a cross functional team managing the timeline, providing timely communication and updates to Management, outlining issues, risks and contingency plans, driving to and executing commercialization.
- Properly document and communicate project progress and findings to all key stakeholders.
- Conduct and coordinate functional testing including plant trials, lab testing, shelf life studies and material vendor evaluations, including analysis of data, results and follow up recommendations and action plans.
- Working knowledge of the specification system and others to support role.
- Develops written packaging specifications and completes thorough plant trialreports.
- Responsible for identifying, defining and solving technical packaging challenges.
- Generates creative ideas, innovations and approaches to technical programs.
- Develop cooperative working relationships with procurement, cross-functional teams, the manufacturing plants (internal & external) as well as external packaging material vendors.
- Understanding of the financial impact of packaging programs and the linkage of packaging to business strategies.
Internal and external contacts
- Assumes leadership role on packaging productivity driven programs.
- Works closely with other members of the Global or Regional RD&Q/ Procurement Team.
- Maintains and continually enhances cross-functional relations as well as external relations with vendors and professional associations.
- B.S or M.S. Packaging or Technical degree.
- Minimum of 8 yearexperience in Packaging Development
- Good project management, communication and results oriented skill sets
- Conducts analysis of results and translates into actionable recommendations
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Ability to lead a cross- functional team
- Excellent in verbal and written communication.