The ElectricalAssociate Principal will manage projects profitably while participating in various business development avenues. We are looking to fill this role in our Seattle and San Francisco offices.
Who We Are:
PAE is a pioneering mechanical and electrical engineering firm that continually sets the bar for sustainability in the built environment. From our offices in Portland, Eugene, Seattle, and San Francisco, we employ an integrated and responsive approach to project design that balances the environmental, economic, and social goals of every client we work with. PAE promotes a work environment that encourages creative problem-solving and the sharing of ideas through an open office environment and a culture of continuing education. Our portfolio includes more than 130 LEED rated or registered projects as well as dozens of projects that have either achieved or are pursuing the Living Building Challenge, Architecture2030, Carbon Neutral, and Net Zero Energy / Net Zero Water status. A Triple Bottom Line firm, PAEs success is measured not only by profit, but by our commitment to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
At PAE, we like to think of ourselves as a little bit different from most engineering firms. Here is why:
- We care intensely about envisioning and creating sustainable building systems, and work every day to break new ground in the world of sustainable design.
- We have a closer affinity to the visions of the architects we work with than more engineers we've met. We understand the need for beauty as well as practicality.
- We value creativity as much as we value precision which is to say, we value both a great deal.
- We understand that visionary people we want to hire need to experience the world in order to change the world, and we try very hard to support that need.
We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our clients.
The following job description is a general summary of duties typically performed in this position. It is not all-inclusive and is not an employment contract. PAE employees are expected to perform duties as assigned by management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project team organization and management
- Interview for projects and provides presentations to clients, staff and at industry events
- Group or Department Manager
- Able to secure enough work to meet their billing goals
- Active participant in firm leadership and management
- Create and utilize tools for project planning, forecasting and progress tracking
- Able to effectively communicate design options to a diverse stakeholder group
- Complete the projects profitably and on time
- Develop new client relationships
- Participate in business development activities
- Present to clients, staff and at industry events
- Provide mentorship, training and development for staff
- Enforce the project quality management plan (QMP)
- Responsible as the Engineer of Record (EOR)
Key Competencies & Skills:
- Inspire and motivate staff
- Lead and manage projects successfully and profitably
- Serve as a technical resource for the company
- Demonstrate commitment to PAE
- MS office, Outlook, limited AutoCAD/Revit, engineering calculation and performance simulation software
- Engineering calculation and performance simulation software
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering for discipline work
- 15+ years' experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- LEED accreditation
- Significant business development experience