Job ID 562599BR
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
The Disneyland Resort Legal Department is seeking qualified candidates for an AssociatePrincipalCounsel position to provide legal advice to various departments at the Disneyland Resort including Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Corporate Alliances.
- Commercial transactions, including drafting and negotiating various sales, marketing, sponsorship, and other agreements, reviewing marketing collateral, and providing legal advice to various business units.
- A transactional attorney with a minimum of 7 years of commercial transactional experience, including sales, marketing, and sponsorships
- Understanding of the theme park, resort, and entertainment industry
- Excellent negotiation, contract drafting, and written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate concepts and issues effectively with all levels of management
- Self motivated
- Ability to work independently, with some supervision, on projects and assignments
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate risk, to advise various business units of the risks, and to exercise sound legal judgment
- Proven client relationship skills and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a solution oriented approach to legal issues
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated capacity to stay abreast of relevant, emerging trends in the law
- Experience with intellectual property, social media, information technology, and governmental/regulatory law is a plus
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- Admission to the State Bar of California or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel in the State of California.
- Law degree from a top-tier law school