Arrowhead is seeking a Patent Attorney or Patent Agent to join its legal team at its Madison location. The team is responsible for developing Arrowhead’s intellectual property strategy relating to its RNAi therapeutics platform and its drug products, as well as assisting with general legal matters.
Reporting to the Vice President, Intellectual Property, the Patent Attorney/Agent will be responsible for both growing and maintaining Arrowhead’s patent portfolio. The Patent Attorney/Agent will be joining a team of highly motivated, experienced legal and scientific talent. The Patent Attorney/Agent will be expected to:
- Develop and implement national and international patent prosecution strategies;
- Draft and file new patent applications;
- Prepare responses to office actions on the company’s existing US and international patent filings;
- Coordinate activities with outside patent counsel;
- Confer with the company’s scientists to identify patentable inventions;
- Assist in conducting prior art searches, analyzing patents, and preparing freedom-to-operate opinions;
- Develop a deep understanding of the company’s RNAi platform from both chemical and biological perspectives;
- Exercise knowledge of US patent law;
- Assist with other general legal matters, as appropriate;
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- 1 to 5 years of patent prosecution experience, preferably related to pharmaceuticals and/or biotechnology;
- JD with technical undergraduatedegree and/or advanced degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, or Life Sciences;
- Strong scientific background and understanding;
- Excellent understanding of patent prosecution strategy and process as it relates to drug discovery and development;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Current USPTO registration.