Come grow with us as an Associate Packaging Engineer (equipment and systems) at Kellogg Company – where we believe in your success in a thriving environment of opportunity and development. Innovate with us at Kellogg, our engineers love the challenge of being technical experts and industry leaders as they provide world-class engineering solutions that deliver the quality products our customers and consumers expect. Engage with us as you explore different technical competencies and enrich yourself as you work for a company that delights the world through foods and brands that matter so families can flourish and thrive. Lead with us as you manage small to medium projects and support large, multiple development, technology, engineering, or capital projects. While you are at it you’ll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. And together we’ll shape a stronger future for our company and your career.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Developing and specifying packaging equipment/systems scope - Developing conceptual design drawings, initial capital estimates/schedules and technical risk assessment for the packaging equipment scope on all assigned innovation, capacity, productivity and infrastructure project, including appropriate capital scope that deliver required performance, formats, and capacity. Delivery of effective FEL’s (scope definition), specifications, testing and scale-up of packaging equipment and systems, including support to capital scope development and schedules which includes specifying and validating new packaging equipment and technologies
- Building consensus on recommended options in the engineering, supply chain, and business organizations based on the incumbent’s expertise in packaging equipment and evaluation and advancement of new or alternate suppliers or technologies where there is distinct justification based on performance, cost or flexibility.
- Excite and gain stakeholder support - and alignment on scope and options for all projects through proactive communication.
- Providing innovative, timely, and cost-effective improvements, concepts, developments, or scientific insight and understanding with respect to new or existing products or processes
- Supporting technical analysis, evaluation, recommendation, and implementation of packaging materials design and configurations
- Providing technical support to the project execution teams as they execute the packaging equipment scope on all assigned projects
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Are you a trailblazer? We need your skill and desire to be a current and future leader
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a technical discipline and minimum 5 -10 years of related work experience
- Teamwork makes the dream work! Use your skills while you effectively manage, communicate, and influence key stakeholders
- Can you read between the lines? You’ll be working in a fast changing and sometime ambiguous work environment
- Being a strong communicator will help you succeed
- Demonstrated ability to work and operate in a collaborative project environment
- Ownership a desire to excel
- Experience in Food and/or Consumer Packaged Goods industries.
- Direct experience in manufacturing , GMP’s, food and personnel safety
- Understanding of packaging equipment technologies
- Some experience in Food and/or Consumer Packaged Goods industries.
- Technical leadership experience demonstrating effective project execution; safety, cost, timelines, technical approach, communication and implementation