The Associate NOC Engineer is responsible for providing functional and technical support for Accruent’s infrastructure solutions. Responsibilities include working with various departments to troubleshoot, document, and resolve technical problems. The Associate Systems Engineer works on systems and problems with a varied range of technologies and complexities of scope. This will require a wide base of technological knowledge to evaluate the issue at hand and implement the best solution.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology, customers, and problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have a pioneering spirit and enjoy helping others be successful, Accruent may be a fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct support for day-to-day operations on server hardware and storage.
- Coordinate with Cloud Operations, Engineering and stakeholders to provide technical solutions.
- Assist with implementation of systems architecture solutions.
- Maintain or improve overall security posture. .
- Prioritize and execute solutions of various device types and technology stacks.
- Understand Accruent’s hosted applications in order to improve resiliency, best practice standards, efficiency and uptime.
- Document plans, changes and policies in regards to the Accruent applications’ infrastructure.
- Produce technical results, which demonstrate the drive for consistent improvement of overall health of systems infrastructure.
- Perform upgrades and configuration changes to ensure highest quality of system architecture.
- Provide assistance to internal IT team for enterprise level issues.
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: drive to excellence, humility, winning attitude, integrity, results orientation and grit.
- Be available for on-call rotation to Provide 24x7 support for all network and server systems across all product lines.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Strong understanding system hardware, networking and virtualization technologies.
- Security-centric attitude.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong understanding of networking protocols, e.g. tcp/ip, udp, ssh, dns, wmi, etc.
- Scripting knowledge is a plus.
- Enjoys and excels at problem solving and assisting others.
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize; strong organizational skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on requestor needs and available solutions.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred (or relevant experience)
- Strong understanding of Windows or Linux software and hardware installation and maintenance
- Understanding of highly available network hardware including firewalls, VPNs, load balancers, routers and switches
- Understanding of highly available server hardware including virtualization and backups
- Understanding of virtualization technologies (VMWare, Oracle VM)
- Experience with monitoring systems preferred
- Industry standard certifications a plus, e.g. A+, Network+, Security+, VCA, MCP, etc.
- Strong understanding of industry best practices
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 7,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 149 countries around the world.