Associate National Category Sales Manager - MegaMex
MegaMex Foods, LLC opened its doors for the first time on October 26th, 2009 in southern California. It is a joint venture of two giants in the food industry--Hormel Foods and Herdez del Fuerte, S.A. de CV. As a result, MegaMex Foods has the marketing, sales and supply chain expertise that makes it an excellent partner for retail and foodservice companies. MegaMex Foods, LLC, offers a wide variety of Mexican food products and ingredients in the U.S., including:
- Provides brand, category, customer, market, and industry knowledge during the development of the annual strategic planning process
- Leads the strategic planning process between the category sales team and the entire field sales organization including field directors, salesmanagers, sales representatives, and customer marketing managers
- Builds and allocates the volume objectives and tradebudgets for the brands under their responsibility on a macro level and down to each customer
- Evaluates a variety of syndicated data, customer shopper, POS, and internal data to develop, track, and analyze distribution, shelving, merchandising, and pricing (DSMP) objectives to achieve net sales and profit goals.
- Develops and supports implementation of customer program development projects for field sales and marketing that grows net sales by increasing gross revenue or reducing trade.
- Provides field sales and brand team with everyday and promoted revenue management insights and recommendations leveraging price elasticity principles and models, syndicated data, and category/brand consumer research to grow net revenue and gross margin.
- Manages the overall trade promotion budget for their assigned products and categories.
- Maintains gross margin and assigned tradebudget spending levels for their respective brands
- Represents the MegaMex/Hormel organization with key customers across the U.S. marketplace
- A bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years sales/marketing/analytics experience within CPG industry
- Strong analytical skills
- A pattern of initiative
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- The ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Strong persuasive skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- Analytical experience in the areas of pricing/promotion modeling and financial analysis
- Regional or national trade management experience
- Experience across multiple sales channels
MegaMex Sales Office (Orange, CA)
BENEFITS: Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive base salary plus bonus, annual merit increase performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, relocation assistance, paid vacation.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Travel may be necessary 10% of the time.
For immediate consideration, send apply online at: www.hormelfoods.com/careers
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.