What You'll Do:
The Associate Monitoring Engineer is responsible for the development and ongoing improvement of core LogicMonitor monitoring modules, (DataSources, EventSources, ConfigSources, PropertySources, SysOID Maps, AppliesTo Functions), and all future monitoring modules within the product. A successful Associate Monitoring Engineer will – in coordination with the Monitoring Team, Professional Services, and our customers – create and refine monitoring that gathers actionable metrics, present these metrics in logical and consistent way, and alert according to best-practices.
Here's a Closer Look At This Key Role:
- Create new LogicModules based on company strategic priorities and customer needs
- Maintain existing LogicModules based on strategic priorities and customer feedback
- Continually develop deep understanding of LogicMonitor technologies to devise custom monitoring strategies
- Work cooperatively with Customer Success, Professional Services, Product, and Engineering groups to deliver technically apt solutions
- Provide exceptional service to customers during the course of development (timely emails and calls to clients, professional/courteous services, etc.).
- End-to-end management of the LogicModule request process, using our ticketing system to follow development through to completion
- Make improvements to our lab infrastructure as needed to assist in the development and simulation process
- Educate colleagues and customers by creating both internal and customer-facing documentation
- Conduct security review on LogicModules submitted to the Exchange by the community
What You'll Need:
- Understanding of IT operations infrastructure and how the various roles are related (networks, servers, storage devices, databases, applications, etc.)
- Ability to do independent research on unfamiliar technologies and digest that knowledge into monitoring strategy
- Passion for technical problem solving with IT systems and networks.