Associate Medical Director/Medical Director, Psychiatry (Medical Affairs)
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Director / Associate Director
We are seeking a dynamic medical affairs professional to join the Medical Affairs team at Alkermes. The Medical Director will provide support and expertise in the area of psychiatry (depression).
In this newly created role you will provide key medical affairs input and strategic direction for our combination depression treatment that is currently under FDA review. The Medical Director is expected to establish medical strategies and tactical priorities to prepare the medical team and cross-functional teams for a successful product launch, and serve as a medical and scientific resource for internal partners.
- Provide key input to the Medical Affairs Strategy Team and medical affairs expertise and strategic input to various Medical Affairs and cross-functional teams
- Partner with commercial, clinical development, and other key functions to execute on product strategy based on external and internal input
- Foster relationships with key researchers and clinicians and solicit input from key medical opinion leaders, including through the planning and execution of medical advisory boards
- As a content expert, review abstracts, manuscripts for publications, scientific symposia presentations, and other medical documents as required
- Provide medical and scientific training and/or support to other staff internally across functions
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- MD, or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years in a clinical or pharmaceutical setting
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Experience in psychiatric illness, particularly depression, or psychopharmacology a plus
- Strong working knowledge of current regulatory and compliance requirements