The newly created position of Associate Medical Director, Clinical Development sits within Biogen's Neurodegeneration Development Unit. This person will primarily support early-stage clinical development candidates, initially focused on Alzheimer's Disease. Activities include supporting the strategic design, execution, and interpretation of clinical studies supporting Corporate initiatives. The individual who assumes this position will interact both with cross-functional teams within Biogen and with external stakeholders.
The Associate Medical Director has the following responsibilities:
Who You Are
- Focus on study execution, ongoing medical data review to ensure data integrity; and review and interpretation of data in support of early-stage clinical research programs
- Under the guidance of the clinical team, contributes to protocol development, medically-focused study monitoring, study reports, training documents, and other clinical and regulatory documents
- Medical monitoring of clinical studies; review and approval of protocol deviations and medical data on an ongoing basis
- May participate on study management and/or clinical development teams to facilitate clinical development goals and achievement of study quality metrics
- Can effectively work across multiple projects within a designated therapeutic area
- Remains up to date on current information regarding regulations and guidelines for their therapeutic area and scientific advances in the relevant field both internal and external to Biogen.
- Cultivates relationships with external partners such as clinical investigators, clinicians, and scientists in support of innovation and business development
- Will assist with the due diligence process as it pertains to business development opportunities
- May require travel to field sites, internal and external meetings and conferences.
- Contribute to the development of strategic initiatives, including various organizational initiatives in Clinical Development
You are a proven leader within the Clinical Development, Neurodegenerative space and strive on developing, executing and advancing a strategic and successful development program. You have experience working with high performing teams; providing the necessary guidance and mentoring for all to reach their goals.
in Neuroscience with experience in Neurology, Psychiatry and/or Gerontology preferred.
The ideal candidate will have the following mix of professional and personal characteristics:
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in clinical and/or translational research
- Experience in analysis and interpretation of clinical data (safety and efficacy) and a working knowledge of clinical research study design and execution
- Industry experience, particularly in development within the disease area including phase I and II experience, is desirable
- Understand and able to put together and present analyses of data
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team setting and employ a team approach to decision making; ability to work collaboratively
The newly created position of Associate Medical Director, Clinical Development sits within Biogen's Neurodegeneration Development Unit. This person will primarily support early-stage clinical development candidates, initially focused on Alzheimer's Disease. Activities include supporting the strategic design, execution, and interpretation of clinical studies supporting Corporate initiatives.