ASSOCIATE MEDIA DIRECTOR
gyro is the most awarded global B2B full-service agency and is now part of the award winning Dentsu Aegis Network.
Through our unique in-house integration of media thinkers, content creators and experience builders we are able to deliver feeling with precision - creating the type of meaningful moments that influence decision makers and drives measureable results. Our deep understanding of business audiences and decision making fuels our media approach, which combined with the power and resources of the Dentsu Aegis Network is enabling us to define new possibilities for B2B media.
gyro:precision is a core offering that encompasses our media planning and buying, search, marketing automation and analytics practices and enables effective and impactful ignition points.
gyro:precision informs everything we do by harnessing the immense power of data to identify, understand, engage and influence the people who matter most, in the contexts that matters most.
gyro:precision is leading the data revolution in B2B – leveraging long term publisher and platform relationships, exclusive access to proprietary data sets via our network-level Global Media Partnerships and cutting-edge products and solutions developed with leading specialist agency partners like MKTG, iProspect and Merkle.
Standardized across our 14 global offerings, gyro:precision is driving organic and new business growth in the US and is expanding both domestically and abroad. gyro has designed a truly integrated approach that delivers feeling with precision and content in context, setting the standard for B2B in the process.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do while you are here:
The Associate Media Director will be based in Chicago and will be responsible, in collaboration with the VP, Media Director, for the development of integrated media plans for Chicago based clients as well as potentially some gyro network clients. The Associate Media Director will lead the strategic planning process, from channel planning and RFP development to client presentation and execution, and is required to develop and maintain close knowledge of our clients’ businesses and ensure media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner. The Associate Media Director must think strategically about the media planning process and offer sound & innovative ideas for generating plans, as well as to help guide the team. The Associate Media Director partners with the VP, Media Director, Strategy, Discipline and Account teams to evaluate client business problems and formulate innovative and effective solutions.
Candidates must have expertise across all areas of demand generation media tactics including lead generation and content syndication. This position will also contribute to management of data analytics, including intimate involvement in the analytics process including KPI recommendations, tagging and tracking structure, data management that lead to data-driven, results-based recommendations.
This candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills and be a true team leader & player and demonstrate the desire to teach and manage a media staff.
Additional areas of competency include:
- Leverage customer/consumer insight to guide media programs in the B2B space
- Create strategies for integrated (online and offline; owned, earned and paid) communication plans in support of client marketing programs
- Integrate digital, print, OOH, TV and mobile media tactics
- Be fluent in ROI measurement, analytics and optimization
- Lead, support and motivate a team
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients while building and managing direct client relationships
- Foster a good working relationship with account, creative, strategy, discipline and client teams to facilitate smart communication strategy and flawless execution of plans
- Maintain a current POV on emerging advertising and media technologies, and work to move clients forward as appropriate new capabilities emerge
- Possess excellent presentation skills both to groups and one-on-one
- Ability to manage the flow of client media-related issues based on changes in direction, goals, and budgets. Be aware of the need to create solutions and resolve problems.
- Maintain good rapport with sales representatives and vendors; engage vendors to work collaboratively to deliver original solutions to satisfy & exceed client needs
- Explore media alternatives and be naturally innovative in recommending media solutions; Determine the solution, deliver the recommendation and stand behind it
We are looking for someone who will bring:
- 6 years minimum agency experience
- Digitally minded, with passion, experience across all media channels
- B2B experience
- Proficiency with related software and data analytics programs a must: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Omniture, Google Analytics, DART, etc