The Associate Marketing Manager – Local will act as the retailer liaison, within a specified region, who provides individual stores, regional groups and multi-store retailers with strategic and executional marketing plans to drive their business. Experience with multi-media marketing plans (from advertising to digital to events), agency relationships and are key to the success of this role.
What you’ll do
- Serves as the Consumer Marketing liaison to Retailer and clearly understands all sizes of retailers (single, group or multi-store) marketing needs, competitive market influences and provides execution plans to optimize marketing spend to drive awareness, traffic, sales and profits.
- Provides solutions with varied levels of support (DIY, DIFM) which may or may not require additional funding. Consults with retailers on brand management, advertising, co-op, in-store communications, events, social, digital/search and overall integrated plans.
- Strong presentation skills, problem-solving and conflict management skills required. Approachable leader who is capable of working with multiple levels of management (corporate, retailer and vendor), field personnel and agency relationships.
- Develops cross-functional partnerships throughout the consumer marketing department and most specifically, with regional operations, district managers and multi-store directors. Embraces change and exercises broad, creative thinking to solve retailer’s needs.
- Proficient in Ace Brand Place (DIY) and new systems on the horizon (DIFM) to deliver retailer pay-to-play solutions. Manages co-op programs and matching funds budgets.
What you need to succeed
Experience and Technical Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- Five years of progressively responsible multi-unit retail experience.
- Deep understanding of retail operations and business fundamentals.
- Proven ability to influence Retailers and drive the execution of optimal marketing practices.
- Ability to access the local competitive environment and develop appropriate retail marketing strategies.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong PC skills to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Technology adaptive to embrace and become skilled at Ace’s Retail Technology platform as well as the Marketing Platforms (Ace Brand Place and its future upgraded versions).
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours and regularly travel overnight.