Associate Managing Director - Head of Relationship Management
The Role / Responsibilities:
Leader of Relationship Management for the Corporate Finance group in the United States managing a team of Account Management and Business Development associates. The individual in this position will be responsible for the ongoing development of our relationships with our existing customer base, as well as building new business opportunities and potential new customers by managing a team in charge of delivering a sophisticated value proposition.
The US Corporate Finance group generated revenue of $909.7 million in 2017 and comprises approximately 2000 accounts, therefore, this position requires a dynamic individual with a strong experience in the Corporate Finance sector, and the proven ability to develop and execute on strategic account management and business development plans.
Scope and key Responsibilities:
- Overall line management of the US Corporate Finance group within the Relationship Management team. Lead the efforts to attract, hire, train and retain talented staff while optimizing the organizational structure.
- Develop efficient and effective account management plans. Establishing customer outreach strategy; setting and ensuring that the teams are meeting annual targets for face-to-face meetings, market coverage, and billings.
- Lead the design, implementation, and execution of a strategic business development plan for the US Corporate Finance group. Develop and implement a variety of new business initiatives and implement best practices in sales techniques to achieve the sales target for the team.
- Provide feedback on product needs, ideas, and concepts to the Product Management team where appropriate.
- Work closely with Marketing, Pricing, and Operations groups to optimize the functioning of Relationship Management for the US Corporate Finance group.
- Acts as facilitator of expert panels in internal and external meetings; speaker at conferences and events.
- Lead review of team budget, forecast, and staffing needs for the team.
- Expected to spend up to 30% of the time on the road meeting customers.
The Department / Team:
The Global Commercial Group’s various responsibilities include; establishing and maintaining business and pricing relationships with Moody’s rated entities and issuers of debt securities, rating product development, creation of value and strategic marketing collateral and corporate development for the business. The department provides these service for banking institutions, corporations, municipal governments, public institutions, structured finance products and funds Capabilities:
- Ability to think holistically about a market in the broader context of their own and other territories and able to formulate a strategic and tactical plan for the Corporate Finance group with high autonomy. This includes a detailed SWOT analysis for the area and concrete proposals regarding how to fully exploit opportunities and how to address gaps.
- Ability to effectively and eloquently chair several meetings daily with customers and intermediaries across a large range of different profiles on short notice or with little preparation.
- Speak and communicate convincingly in front of senior management, customers and larger audiences.
- Maintain active relationships with customers and intermediaries at all levels independently and with minimal oversight.
- Ability to easily switch between Account Management and Business Development roles and to develop others to do so.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- High autonomy in achieving business objectives, strong leadership and management skills.
Academic Qualifications / Work Experience:
- Minimum of Undergraduate degree preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics. Graduate degree desirable.
- 10+ years of experience in the financial services industry. Experience in a management position in a sales, business development and/or client relationship role is essential.
- Expert level knowledge of key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets.