The Scientific Software Systems Analyst, Scientific Systems works with the scientists, IT, and software developers to implement and optimize scientific systems, provides training and ongoing technical support to discovery science staff in their use and understanding of the scientific software applications, and assists with the development and implementation of training programs for use of the scientific systems.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Position
- Strategy & Planning:
- Identify gaps in software solutions and support/develop/implement innovative workflow solutions.
- Contribute to Scientific Computing group strategy.
- Acquisition & Deployment:
- Assist in the design, evaluation, and implementation of new software for science.
- Analyze the adoption and performance of scientific software systems to give recommendations and develop strategies on how to improve the quality of scientific software support.
- Operational Management:
- Facilitate communication between scientists and IT (internal or vendor related).
- Provide administrative and desktop support of scientific software applications.
- Develop and maintain application and training documentation.
- Provide training to end users on the use of applications for science.
- Identify problems, create choices and providing alternative courses of actions with software issues.
- Employee may be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Background
- BS/BA degree in a science discipline
- 2 years lab experience, ideally in a pharmaceutical environment
- 5+ years of experience with scientific systems
- Additional Qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong work ethic
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong team player attitude
- Able to effectively train and mentor others
- Loxo Oncology, Inc. (Loxo) currently anticipates that the base salary for the Associate Manager level position could range from between $78,000 to $114,498 and will depend, in part, on the successful candidate’s qualifications for the role, including education and experience. This position will also be eligible for a company bonus (depending, in part, on company and individual performance). In addition, Loxo provides a comprehensive benefit program to eligible employees, including vacation, medical, dental and vision benefits; participation in a 401(k) plan; life and accidental death and disability coverage; parental leave benefits and employee discounts for certain items. The compensation described above is subject to change and could be higher or lower than the range described