Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. Recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develop and administer schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
Typically manage a small department, process or system. May manage supervisors or professional staff.
Frequently interact with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
Typically 6 or more years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience; first-level manager. Prior supervisory experiencepreferred along with a track record of successfully managing broad and diverse item portfolios with significant annual purchasing spend.
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Attract, retain, motivate, coach and develop team members for high performance.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Understand financial information that contributes to business profitability.
- Ability to plan and manage successful local projects, manage risks, costs, time and project teams.
- Excellent planning/ organizational skills and techniques.
- Communicate effectively with management
- Good negotiating skills.
- Uses skills to lead teams in complex issues to achieve company goals in effective ways.
- Build relationships, understand organizational complexities and manage conflicts.
- Broad and wide-range of professional and managerial skills with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong understanding of Inventory Management / Replenishment
- Prior purchasing system skills, preferably E3