Associate Manager, Production Line Maintenance
The Associate Manager of Production Line Maintenance, will report to the Equipment Manager. The primary focus of this role will be responsibility for improving OEE, Safety, and driving continuous improvement through the manufacturing process. The Associate Manager of Production Line Maintenance provides hands-on support, leadership, and direction to the Maintenance Supervisors, Maintenance Technicians, EngineeringTechnicians, and Controls Engineers. The ideal candidate drives to foster a collaborative environment that is exciting, fun and provides open communication among our team.
- Drive maintenance team to achieve established targets for the Seats Manufacturing Facility: (OEE) Overall Equipment Efficiency 85% (World Class), Safety Targets, Training Targets, 5S Targets and Support Daily Production Plan.
- Hire, on-board, coach, lead and develop EngineeringTechnicians and Maintenance Technicians. Conduct team member training.
- Monitor OEE metrics and Key Performance Indicator's (KPI's) to assess productivity and cost management using our CMMS (Leading2Lean).
- Drives maintenance principles and discipline through mentoring, training and project reviews.
- Manages, develops and assists in improving all manufacturing standards including: machine capability, process mapping, Line set up, Quality Controls, tooling and fixture records, Lean assesments and cycle time improvements.
- Support and collaborate through cross functional efforts with Production, Process, Engineering, Test and Quality departments.
- Prior leadership experience of similarly sized Manufacturing, Maintenance and Engineering teams.
- Good knowledge or experience of Manufacturing Equipment assembly and/or commissioning.
- Prior experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), such as Leading2Lean (L2L)
- Strong administrative skills, utilizing all office automation tools, such as Office, Project, Confluence, JIRA and other similar systems.
- The ideal candidate is highly analytical, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to pro-actively communicate with all employees and works well in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment.
- Experienceworking with peers as well as upper management to provide quick analysis of daily or hourly Equipment status. Great situational awareness is key to this role as we are a Just in Time factory.
- Experience with Manufacturing methodologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness (Six Sigma, Kanban, 5S, 8D, Wishbone analysis)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present detailed reports to wider audiences, occasional speaking in front of small audiences. (Peers, Management, Subordinates)
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines with strong follow through. Tesla is a fast moving company, the demands are high and we excel at rapid deadlines.
- 5years of maintenance leadership experience
- A strong sense of urgency and drive to succeed.