The Plastics- Paint Assistant Manager will report to the Manager of the Plastic Center Engineering and Maintenance, and will be responsible for, improving Quality, Safety and driving continuous improvement through the manufacturing process. The Plastics- Paint Assistant Manager provides hands-on support, leadership, and direction to the Process and Project Engineers. The ideal candidate strives to create an environment that is both productive and open communication. Strives to foster a collaborative environment that is exciting and fun.
- Drive manufacturing team to achieve established targets for the Center: (OEE) Overall Equipment Efficiency %, Safety Matrix, Quality targets and Daily Production Plan.
- Hire, coach, lead and develop 6 - 10 to direct reports ( Process and Project Engineers ). Conduct team member training.
- Monitor metrics and Key Performance Indicator's (KPI's) to assess productivity and cost management.
- Drives engineering principles and discipline through mentoring, training and project reviews including: PFMEA, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Dynamic Control Plans (DCP), 8D’s, Project Management and Simultaneous Engineering
- Manages all new product introductions with disciplined up-front manufacturing involvement and program management deliverable execution
- Manages, develops and improves all manufacturing standards including: machine capability, process maps, set-ups, quality controls, tooling and fixture records, routings and cycle times
- Assess and analyze current practices and drive improves.
- Support and collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Test and Quality departments.
- Prior leader experience of similarly sized Manufacturing, Maintenance and Engineering teams.
- Hands-on experience with electro-mechanical assembly.
- The ideal candidate is analytical, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to pro-actively communicate with all employees and works well in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment.
- Experience with process improvement methodologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines with strong follow through.
- 8 years mold and/or paint manufacturing experience
- A strong sense of urgency and drive to succeed.
- Willing to work 10 -12 hour shifts daily.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.