The Associate Manager, Operations Finance - GMP labs will work with the Director, Operations Finance, as well as the PPD Labs' Corporate FP&A team during closing cycles to resolve questions and assist with issues as they arise
- Review, validate, and ensure accurate revenue recognition (Both ASC605 & ASC606)
- Ensure fixed asset accounting is accurate and up-to-date; asset dispositions, capital expenditure validations
- Prepare and book all internal expense allocations to drive accurate project accounting
- Gather and organize valid backup for all account reconciliations; work with Corporate Accounting to ensure accurate and timely submissions, with continuous improvement on quality of backup
- Prepare monthly State of WI sales/use tax statements
- Monitor client volume discounts to ensure accurate tracking and accounting
- Improve/implement disciplines of internal controls
- Assist with the development, implementation, monitoring, and revision of policies and procedures
- Interface with external audit firms and tax authorities; primary contact and coordinator for audits
- Become involved with transition and integration to Oracle ERP
- May manage staff, which includes interviewing, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting, performance management, coaching and mentoring, employee counseling, and separations. Reviews and approves time records, expense reports, requests for leave, and overtime.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors' degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualifications
- CPA (preferred)
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable up to 5 years).
- 1+ year of leadership responsibility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with operational process reviews and internal control requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organize financial data to identify relevant issues and support findings
- Demonstrated track record of setting goals, communicating plans, monitoring progress, and achieving results in a high-performing team environment
- Strong business acumen, intellectual curiosity, and the ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent problem-solving skills with strong organizational agility
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor staff
- Proficiency in problem solving and prioritizing
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressure
PPD values the health and well being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- Minimal business travel (under 5%).