Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We’re currently looking for an Associate Manager, Internal Audit to join us in our Miami FL, Sao Paulo Brazil, Napoles Mexico, or San Juan PR offices
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Associate Manager, Internal Audit is responsible both performing and leading all audit activity that occur in our Latin America region under the general guidance of Internal Audit management. The incumbent's work will involve the examination, investigation, and review of identified risk areas within Olympus.
As an Audit Associate Manager working on the Internal Audit team, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. You will contribute to our mission by providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the organization's operations. Internal Audit will help the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. A typical day for you will include:
* Representing the Audit Department within Olympus, solidifying Audit as a trusted business advisor and help manage risks for the company.
* Participating in forward-looking ad-hoc projects to support the business in providing insight on critical business decisions and implementations.
* Leading audit scoping and execution of the defined audit program steps, in accordance with applicable audit standards, to ensure that all risks and controls are identified and that all work is completed within the agreed time frame.
* Leading closing meetings with Senior Management and drive discussions about conclusions and next steps from the engagement
* Directing and reviewing the work performed by internal audit staff, including resources from a co-sourcing firm.
* Ensuring constant communication to Internal Audit Management in Center Valley, PA.
* Following up with business stakeholders on the status of outstanding internal audit issues.
* Assisting in investigations to research specific issues or allegations.
* Leading teams by example, be a career coach and mentor of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is essential.
* Performing other job duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree (accounting, business, finance concentration preferred) is required.
* Minimum of 8 years experience is required; preferrably in a "Big 4" accounting firm and/or auditing in a multinational company with relevant industry experience.
* CPA, CIA, certification is required.
* Ability to travel domestically/globally, approximately up to 50%.
* Fluency in English and Spanish is required and the ability to both read and speak Portuguese is preferred.
* Significant experience with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act or J-SOX including documentation testing is desired.
* Strong knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code Prior industry experience, Healthcare Devices or related field is a plus.
* Proficient in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
* Strong planning and project management skills are essential.
* Ability to work well under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
* Strong skills in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
* Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members is essential.