Serves as a resource for the legal function in Latin America. Under supervision, works with business and functional units on a broad range of legal and compliance matters consistent with laws, regulations, and Stryker policies. Works with a number of business partners at all levels.
- Drafting and editing basic contracts with direction.
- Providing timely advice and counsel to clients.
- Providing accurate information and research to a supervisor regarding laws and regulations.
- Providing directed support related to the development of in-house training and education.
- Following internal processes and procedures.
- Collaborating and communicating with colleagues, management, and outside counsel.
- Working with outside counsel with direction.
- Assisting on other matters as needed.
- Managing status of commercial contracts and organizational documents throughout Latin America, including renewal dates and amendments.
- Assists with review and delivery of due diligence documentation (Indirect Channels, Third Party Vendors and Health Care Professionals).
- Assists with administrative matters.
- Coordinates document signatures and other actions with local Compliance Officers.
- Performs other tasks as may be necessary to assist the Legal and Compliance Department.
- Law degree and admission to practice law.
- Minimum 0-1 year applicable professional experience; prior professional experience considered.
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Demonstrates good judgment and professional demeanor.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with colleagues in a global organization.
- Supports change in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Possesses analytical skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting demands in a fast-paced environment. High volume work is completed in a timely and thorough manner with minimal rework
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and accountability.
- Possesses communication skills and ability sufficient to convey basic legal concepts.
- Has the ability to allocate resources effectively.
- Possesses basic organizational and good interpersonal skills. Ability to handle a high volume of documents in an organized manner.
- Maintains confidential information.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn Stryker-specific systems.
- Prior experience working on matters with Latin America considered
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%