Carbon is working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science to make the impossible possible. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world. As AssociateLegal Counsel, you will handle a variety of legal issues directly affecting the development of this rapidly growing venture-backed company. We are looking for candidates who are quick learners, problem solvers, thrive in the energy of a fast-paced environment, and have a talent for getting things done and building trust with our customers and our business teams within the company.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, such as subscription agreements, supply agreements, joint development and collaboration agreements, and other commercial transactional agreements
- Work directly with, and provide guidance to, business partners on legal and other issues on relevant contracts
- Continually evaluate and improve contract process and legal support with a business-minded approach
- Respond promptly to legal requests from product, engineering, operations, business development, finance, marketing, and other clients
- Develop, manage, and organize contracts templates for Legal Department
- Engage with Legal team members on a wide variety of contract and legal matters as needed
- Support the continuous growth and development of this fun and innovative company.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant law firm or in-house experience as an Associate or Associate Legal Counsel, with experience in advising on intellectual property matters and commercial agreements, including hardware, software and/or materials supply
- JDdegree and admitted to the bar in the State of California
- Ability and interest in developing expertise in new, complex subject areas. Experience in an additional area of the law (for example, employment or litigation) preferred
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload among conflicting demands
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive and learn in a fast-paced environment remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism
- Function as a team player, with common sense and a sense of humor