Analysis Group is one of the largest economics consulting firms, with more than 850 professionals across 14 offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Since 1981, we have provided expertise in economics, finance, health care analytics, and strategy to top law firms, Fortune Global 500 companies, and government agencies worldwide. Our internal experts, together with our network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, offer our clients exceptional breadth and depth of expertise.
Associate Legal Counsel provides support to consulting staff and all administrative teams on contractual issues and a diverse range of other legal matters, and assists with initiatives related to risk management on a firm-wide basis. Associate Legal Counsel supports highly-motivated professionals engaged in interesting work which results in diverse legal issues and a fast-paced environment.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- General In-House Advice – Provide legal advice to consulting and administrative staff on a diverse range of legal topics. This work may involve representing the legal team on new, firm-wide initiatives, including the firm's international expansion, and providing support to the conflicts and compliance teams. This work may also involve legal research, case law analysis and/or docket monitoring.
- Contracts – Work independently in drafting, reviewing and commenting on contracts (engagement letters, consulting agreements, data vendor agreements, confidentiality agreements, academic affiliate agreements, independent contractor agreements and vendor contracts). This work includes interacting with consulting and administrative staff to provide legal guidance and assisting in contract negotiations with clients and vendors as appropriate. Work on improvement of certain business processes with an eye to increasing efficiency and reducing risk to the firm.
- Risk Management – Assist in risk management on a firm-wide basis.
- Management – Help mentor and train Assistant Legal Counsel.
- JDrequired with ten years of legal practice, including a mix of in-house legal experience and large law firm training/experience
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent legal and business judgment and ability to tailor advice to changing circumstances
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Prior experience with legal issues related to health care and/or pharmaceutical companies is helpful
- Willingness to learn and be part of a collaborative team