Analytical responsibilities will include assuming lead analyst role and analyzing securitizations of consumer Asset Backed Securities including student loans, auto loans and consumer loans. This will involve reviewing legal documents, analyzing collateral pools, historical collateral performance, deal structures, and modeling transaction waterfall based on deal documents using Moody’s in-house models to formulate independent credit opinion and presenting to rating committees. Responsibilities will also include communicating with clients, including arrangers, issuers and investors and publishing timely, insightful and in-depth research and transaction reports.
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties, it is not exhaustive. Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasion, berequired to undertake additional orother duties within the context of this job description according to the needs of the business.The successful candidate will join our Surveillance Consumer Asset Backed Securities (ABS) group in New York City. The group isresponsible for rating wide range of structuredfinance securitizations in the following three, broadly defined, sectors:studentloans, autoloans and consumerloans.
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or closely related quantitative field plus 3 years of experience performing financial/credit analysis with financial services firm or related.
- Strong analytical orientation with capability to accurately analyse complex assets and structures, develop independent opinions, articulate and present proposal to rating committees with strong supporting arguments.
- Solid Microsoft Excel and cash flow modelling skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with others as well as independently to produce accurate, detailed work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Pro-active, diligent, highly organized and efficient with ability to manage multiple projects to meet tight deadlines.