The individual will be primarily responsible for the analysis of the quantitative, structural, legal, and credit aspects of CLOs and other structured credit transactions, publish research, and work on special projects intended to enhance Moody's analytics and research. The candidate will be expected to lead rating committees and offer his or her analysis of the potential credit impact of the terms of the transaction documents. At times, the individual will work closely with legal analysts and other supporting staff in rating transactions.
- Act as a rating analyst for cash flow CLOs and other structured credit transactions. Model cash flows and analyze transaction documents for the purpose of determining credit risk and ratings
- Communicate with clients, including arrangers, issuers, and investors, and participate in issuer operational reviews
- Publish insightful, timely and in-depth research reports on credit issues affecting the industry
The Department / Team:
The Structured Credit Group (SCG) reviews a wide range of securitization structures comprising collateralized loan obligations (CLOs), structured notes, repackaged bond transactions, and other structured credit products. Required Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Financial Engineering or related quantitative field
- Candidates with an undergraduate degree but with strong CLO work experience will also be considered.
- 3+ years of experience in as a structured finance analyst or in related occupation involving credit analysis for structured finance transactions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills essential
- Strong Excel skills are needed. Modeling skills and ability to perform cash flow analysis or other structured finance analytical tools
- Strong analytical orientation
- Working knowledge of legal matters involving structuring and operation of structured transactions
- Sound judgment and highest ethical standards
- Capable of developing independent opinions and defending own views
- Professional, pro-active, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Ability to adapt to changing market conditions and business environment
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative, without the need for close supervision
- Knowledge of CLO transactions
- Rating agency related experience