Sapient Consulting | Public Sectoris looking for people who – simply put – are driven to make a difference.
By solving some of today’s toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. Working at Public Sector, you will be in an environment that fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and innovation.
The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to today’s challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now – it’s at Sapient Consulting | Public Sector.
Job Title: Associate Technology, L1
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Arlington, VA; Silver Spring, MD
Employee Status: Regular, full time
Travel: <5% Start Date: Immediately
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
The Associate, Technology is a member of the project team who takes responsibility for full stack (front end and back end) implemention of the system architecture using best practices. This will include coding, unit testing, using design patterns, learning new technologies, and becoming an expert in one part of the system
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have good interpersonal skills, as well as good client interaction skills.
- Write Java code based on requirements defined in use cases.
- Develop Object Oriented code and/or provide maintenance and enhancements to existing code
- Work with business users to gather requirements, write functional and technical specifications.
- Develop conceptual and technical design including use of Object-Oriented techniques.
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility, including both desktop and mobile, and resolve bugs where required
- Implement front-end structure and standards as defined by the lead
- Implement java based microservices
- Conduct unit testing and continuous integration
- Develop SQL queries and procedures
Requirements & Experience Guidelines:
- Demonstrates ability to do technical design and develop using Java (JDK 8 or above) technologies including JSP and Servlets
- Demonstrates ability to use logging frameworks such as Apache Commons, Log4J, java.util.logging package etc.
- Demonstrates ability to implement API based microservices using java frameworks such as Spring
- Is able to use integrated development environments (IDE) such as Eclipse , Java Compilers, and build tools like Ant or Maven to develop and troubleshoot issues
- Familiar with SQL and / or experience with database technologies such as Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Object Oriented Technologies
- Is able to understand notations done in modeling languages (like UML) pertaining to use cases and class diagrams and then write code to implement the same
- Good understanding of all parts of Software Engineering (e.g. Requirements, Design, Implementation, Testing)
- Ability to learn new UI technologies quickly
- Minimum 1 year in custom software development
- Minimum 1 year in Java development
- Knowledge of developing standards-based, CSS-driven, table-less layouts
- Experience working in agile or iterative SDLCs
- Experience with one or more Java packages such as Hibernate, Spring Framework, or Axis is desirable
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
Job Number: 236218