- J2EE Developer is responsible for defining the information technology systems architecture.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, peer review, and operations
- Critical thinker, with experience prioritizing and negotiating several competing efforts, maintaining productivity through numerous context changes
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge and experience designing and developing applications and reusable components using J2EE technologies, SOA architecture, Application servers (including but not limited to Jboss)
- Strong relational database skills in MySQL/SQL Server/Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Experience in developing application using various XML technologies.
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture (SOA) deployments with ability to design applications.
- Experience in Java technologies: JMS, MDB, JPA (Hibernate), and servlets/applets/JSP
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Messaging/Integration Patterns
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly and effectively adapt to technologies outside of current experience.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work extra hours and adjust schedule and recognize the need to do so.
- Java/EE Experience
- RDBMS Experience
Nice to haves:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Prior experience in a similar technology environment