As a part of the Network Engineering & Architecture team, the Network Engineer role would be directly involved in all phases of network design, implementation, and support. This role will focus on production support of Abercrombie & Fitch's network infrastructure portfolio, including, but not limited to, enterprise Local Area Networks ("LAN"), enterprise Wide Area Networks ("WAN"), enterprise wireless, enterprise security, network monitoring, enterprise DNS/DHCP, network automation, and load balancing.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Design and deploy company LAN, WAN, and Wireless networks, including routers, switches, and other hardware
- Assist in designing and implementing the global enterprise networks
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry
- Communicate effectively in all business relationships and various levels of management in a clear and direct manner
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports
- Participate in managing all network security solutions
- Assist in designing and implementing disaster recovery plans for LAN and WAN network connections and protocols
- Be available for rotating 24/7 on-call support
What Do You Need To Bring?
- BA degree in computer science, MIS or related field
- 2 – 3 years preferred IT experience
- Experience and success with LAN / WAN, implementation and support
- Experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices
- Knowledge of WLAN implementation and support
- Hands-on experience configuring and maintaining enterprise networks.
- Willingness to learn or knowledge of network automation including Ansible and Python development skills
- Hands-on technical knowledge of multi-vendor network hardware.
- Technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards
- Knowledge in DNS, DHCP, and IPAM implementation and support
- Interest in new technology and staying ahead of technology roadmaps
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment