Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
This individual will be part of a team of Database Engineering professionals responsible for all phases of database design, implementation, and support. This individual’s primary focus will be production support and project delivery (design & implementation,) across the relational database (Oracle, MSSQL, DB2) landscape, networking with internal customers and vendor support professionals within a fast-moving enterprise environment. In addition, the engineer will be responsible for providing production support for these database platforms, and for contributing to forward looking strategic initiatives within the database engineering portfolio.
What will you be doing?
- Complete platform upgrades, migrations, patching, performance monitoring under mentoring of Sr. Database Engineer
- Provide day-to-day administrative activities, including backup, restore, performance tuning, security management, capacity planning, standards development and enforcement
- Investigate and troubleshoot database issues across multiple environments
- Monitor database events and proactively optimize system performance
- Work in conjunction with other infrastructure, application development, and business groups to understand functionality, scalability, performance, security, and integration requirements at the database tier
- Provide a high level of customer satisfaction via detailed communication and effective delivery of technical solutions
- Contact vendor support for hardware and/or software problem resolution
- Basic understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems, VMware virtualization, networking concepts, networked storage concepts
- Be available for rotating 24/7 on-call support
What will you need to bring?
- 2 years of experience in Database Administration or SQL development
- Minimum 4-year degree required
- Experience with Database design and architecture principles
- Experience with PLSQL or other programming languages
- Understanding of basic application development
- Understanding of PCI and SOX regulations and how they apply to database systems
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter capable of simultaneously prioritizing, and managing a variety of complex project tasks and support activities in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must possess strong organization skills, including a keen attention to detail
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER