$80K — $100K *
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities - Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities - provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad.
Follow PPL Corporation on social media
Follow PPL Electric Utilities on social media
PPL Electric Stories
Experience LevelEntry Level
Regular or Temporary
Full-time or Part-timeFull-Time
Remote Opportunity Available:
The EMS Modeler supports and maintains SCADA/EMS/DMS (Utility Power Grid Energy Mgmt Systems and Distribution Management systems) by performing power system modeling, display building and power system analysis. In addition, strong analytical and problem-solving skills are critical to troubleshooting system issues and analysis of system issues. The EMS Modeler is responsible for delivering high quality cost-effective solutions to all levels of users, and is also responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives for the IT Department, and the organization as a whole.
The Associate level uses established procedures under immediate guidance and instruction from supervisor or more senior level EMS modelers.
The intermediate level uses established procedures under moderate guidance and direction from supervisor or more senior level EMS modelers.
The Senior level performs assigned tasks under minimal guidance from supervisor.
System Design and Reporting
• Participating in the design, testing and implementation of power system model changes to PPL’s Energy Management System (EMS or ADMS) to reflect on going changes to transmission and distribution systems.
• Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining policies, procedures and training plans as they pertain to EMS or ADMS systems.
• Develop and implement system schematic interface diagrams that represent system network topology.
• Recognize and address the interdependency of power system events on reliability and ancillary business functions.
Incident Investigation and Corrective Response:
• Operate within prescribed guidelines to troubleshoot, diagnose problems, and restore IT systems and services as quickly as possible while limiting business impact.
• Provide customer support to control center personnel for information or solution to power system application problems (Powerflow, State Estimation, Contingency Analysis) or other modeling related issues or problems.
• Support application and other on-premise operations and services management lifecycle, ensuring client satisfaction and management of risk to services.
• Conduct root-cause analysis to eliminate reoccurring issues.
• Complete necessary break fix, design, and engineering technology changes for Energy Management systems as part of regular maintenance.
May be assigned an Electric Utilities emergency and storm role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
Bachelor's degree OR 4 years of related work experience (Associate Level Requirement).
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of related work experience OR 6 years of related work experience (Intermediate Level Requirement).
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related work experience OR 8 years of related work experience (Senior Level Requirement).
Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
Experience working within customer care function and delivering superior customer experience.
Experience working with Service Management technologies (e.g., Cherwell or Service-Now).
Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks.
Highly self-motivated and directed with attention to detail.
Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers.
Easily adapts to changing circumstances.
Understands business goals and strategic priorities.
Promotes respect and can work effectively with diverse groups and environments.
The company reserves the right to determine if this position will be assigned to work on-site, remotely, or a combination of both. Assigned work location may change. In the case of remote work, physical presence in the office/on-site may be required to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
This position is a safety-sensitive role. Upon acceptance of a conditional offer, all individuals in safety-sensitive roles are obligated report the use of any medication that may impair their ability to perform the job in a safe manner.
1. Candidates with Electrical Engineering degrees, especially those with a focus in Power Systems OR Computer Science degrees with focus on engineering are encouraged to apply.
2. Application development experience
3. Presents a creative approach to problems
4. Experience supporting fast-changing business organizations
5. Application experience:
GE e-terrasource Integration / Modelling
GE WebFG Display Building
GE e-terrahabitat /e-terraplatform application development
GE e-terraplatform network applications (RTNET and STNET)
EMS Advanced Application (Powerflow, State Estimator, Contingency Analysis)
EMS and ADMS Application development
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
Valid through: 7/6/2021
$250K — $250K+*
9 days ago