Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner, a top Am Law 100 firm, is seeking a highly motivated, well-qualified junior to midlevel associate (two to five years of experience) to join its nationally recognized Intellectual Property practice in the St. Louis, Phoenix, Denver, or Boulder office. The position offers the chance for significant responsibility and participation in all phases of intellectual property and patent prosecution. If you are the ideal candidate, you will have experience in the following areas:
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering and/or computer science.
- Experience preparing and prosecuting U.S. patent applications.
- Experience with global patent portfolio management and foreign prosecution matters is desirable.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with inventors to identify patenting strategies, and building and maintaining patent portfolios tailored to suit client needs.
- Experience with freedom-to-operate analysis and opinions, infringement assessment, and exposure to patent litigation matters is desired. Technology licensing experience is welcome.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, superior analytical skills and the ability to manage client engagements.
- Other requirements include excellent interpersonal skills, strong work ethic and the ability to manage multiple priorities and assume a high degree of responsibility.