Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Healthcare Outcomes Solutions Director opportunity. This position will ideally be located in the South, Southeast or West areas of the US.
Purpose & Scope:
The Associate Healthcare Outcomes Solutions Director will support Key Account Managers and others in Health Systems by developing long-term relationships with a variety of key healthcare stakeholders including those in integrated delivery systems, medical groups and managed care organizations. The Associate Healthcare Outcomes Solutions Director will help inform appropriate formulary and pharmaceutical policy decision-making by offering to Health Systems customers company-approved presentations including clinical, health economics and healthcare quality information. The Associate Healthcare Outcomes Solutions Director may enter into appropriate customer collaborations with the goal of aligning corporate priorities with the priorities of the customer to advance the quality of patient care in areas of mutual interest, to identify provider and/or patient knowledge gaps and to identify areas of focus for quality improvement. The Associate Healthcare Outcomes Solutions Director will develop and maintain an advanced understanding of the evolving clinical, healthcare economic and healthcare quality landscape.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
*Supports Health Systems' Key Account Managers/Directors in establishing collaborative relationships with Health Systems accounts
* Leads field dissemination of company-approved health economics (FDAMA 114), clinical and quality information and programs related to Astellas products and to areas of therapeutic focus to key decision makers (e.g., CFO, CIO, Director of Pharmacy) at various entities responsible for managing health care in settings including managed care organizations, IDNs/IHNs, ACOs, pharmacy benefit management companies, and other payer groups
* Provides input on account assessment, planning and tactical execution in support of Key Account Managers
* Appropriately prioritizes of the customer and of Astellas to implement educational programs and provide approved tools/resources which identify key opportunities for improving the quality of patient care and addressing population health management needs.
* Serves as an internal subject matter expert in health care economics, healthcare quality, population health issues and health care trends for Brand/HS Marketing and Health System Account Managers
* Provides strategic input into the development and implementation of customer-oriented health economic, clinical and/or quality support platform tools or as part of broader communication efforts
* Develops and maintains awareness of significant developments in the field, including current health outcomes, economic modeling methodologies and applications along with quality support platforms (e.g. transitions of care)
* Anticipates and evaluates future market needs and trends for health economic and quality information within specified health care environments
* Demonstrated provision of relevant peer-to-peer education to customers in the health economic, clinical and quality issues related to Astellas' products and therapeutic areas of interest
* Demonstrated capability for developing strong business-centric, collaborative relationships with customers, both internal and external
* Demonstrated customer recognition through collaborative projects including case studies
* Demonstrated activities that reflect appropriate "taking charge" of collaborative initiatives with customers
* Provides credible key link between APUS commercial organization and key decision makers within assigned customers and/or geography
*Reports to Director, Healthcare Outcomes Solutions
*10+ years of relevant work experience, including 7+ years of project or people management
* Completions of clinical degrees, such as those in pharmacy or nursing, MS, and/or PhD with appropriate training in an outcomes-related field (e.g., Pharmacy Administration, Public Health, Economics, Epidemiology) with 5+ years of prior pharmaceutical industry experience in Healthcare Outcomes/HEOR field interaction.
* Demonstrated understanding of United States health care systems and economics of drug therapy is required, specifically with respect to understanding perspectives, economic models, data processing, and information needs of managed care, long term care, the hospital environment and public sector
* Demonstrated understanding of legal and regulatory guidelines of the pharmaceutical industry, specifically an understanding of regulatory and commercial compliance requirements related to conducting research and disseminating scientific / HEOR information
* Demonstrated understanding of health economic and outcomes research principles, disease management principles and Evidence Based Medicine
* Technical understanding and communication capabilities in the areas of economic modeling, economic evaluation, cost-effectiveness evaluation, burden of disease, epidemiology, statistics, health care policy etc.
* Ability to think and act with a customer focus and a solution orientation
* Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, innovation and project management with effective written and verbal skills; effective presentation skills
* Excellent skills in influencing and communication (both written and presentation)
* Strong project management skills
* Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
* Clinical training and experience, as well as and healthcare outcomes and quality experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or organized health delivery organizations (e.g., IDNs/IHNs, ACOs, PBMs, managed care and other payer organizations) is strongly preferred