In this role, you will be gaining design experience in analog and digital hardware systems for new communications system products and support of our Ethernet Security Gateways, Satellite Synchronized Network Clocks, Ethernet Switches, and other communication products.
You will collaborate with lead engineers to create development plans for projects, contribute to the team’s hardware development activities, and interact with other discipline teams to deliver world-class products for use in critical infrastructure.
SEL engineers work in state-of-the-art facilities with full-featured on-site hardware testing labs and production manufacturing on-campus.
Our mission is to make electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical. Will you join us?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Electronics hardware development activities
- Circuit design and analysis
- Collaborate with mechanical, RTL, firmware, and manufacturing engineers
- Troubleshooting circuits and test setups
- Design to accommodate component tolerances and non-ideal properties of circuits.
- Schematic capture
- PCB requirements and layout
- Test plan creation
- Functional and verification testing
- System type testing
- Project planning
- Industry and Regulatory standards compliance
- Hardware design documentation
- Manufacturing support
- Collaborate with team to develop hardware development plans, schedules, and budgets meeting department goals.
- Efficiently resolve technical and non-technical issues.
- Strong communication, planning, and organization skills.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Proficient in one or more of the following technical areas
- Analog electronics design
- Digital electronics design
- Power electronics design
- Ability to define general approaches and specific solutions to technical problems
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)