One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Associate General Counsel will Identify and analyze legal issues. Draft key documents, review and prepare contracts. Present clear recommendations assuring legal compliance for all levels of executive staff and facilities. Provide other general legal services required of the company and its subsidiaries as directed by the General Counsel.
Essential Job Duties:
Research and submit legal opinions concerning health care operations including contracting, statutory application, government regulation, compliance and other issues.
- Review and/or prepare contracts or other legal documents.
- Provide advice and counsel to company officers and executives in connection with facility operations, fraud and abuse matters, transactional matters and/or litigation matters.
- May retain, manage and assist outside counsel for legal matters as needed.
- Assist Independence Physician Management and/or UHS operations with all legal matters relating to physician employment and/or integration activities.
- May assist in due diligence examinations in connection with company acquisitions.
- May participate in Corporate Compliance investigations.
- Provide advice and counsel to Risk Management, Managed Care and Information Systems functions of the company.
- Assist General Counsel and company facilities with state and federal privacy law compliance.
- Provide advice and counsel to facility executives concerning medical staff matters including, but not limited to credentialing and physician discipline.
- Review, prepare or assist in the development of facility policies and procedures and medical staff bylaws.
- Draft and negotiate acquisitions and joint venture agreements.
Law Degree with 8+ years experiencerequired.