Freshworks is looking for an Associate General Counsel focused on transactions with experience in both SaaS transactions and international data privacy and protection.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, primarily mid-market and enterprise SaaS subscription sales contracts involving nuanced global data protection and privacy issues, intellectual property and risk management. Use your experience gained from supporting commercial transactions to help define business terms and structure deals in the most optimal way.
- Work with and provide actionable advice to business executives and other internal stakeholders on a broad range of complex legal, business and strategic issues as they arise.
- Research legal issues, draft and update templates, policies, playbooks and other projects as needed.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant industry, commercial, open source, IP, privacy, employment, and other laws, regulations, and developments to be able to give the most effective advice.
- Provide input on a contracts management system and contract processes to optimize interactions with our Accounts team.
- Manage a dual-site legal team focused on Commercial agreements
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10+ years of relevant legal experience, with a mixture of in-house and law firm experience preferred.
- California bar license.
- Strong transactional background with experience in negotiating, drafting and advising clients on technology-related commercial contracts, including multi-jurisdictional transactions, software licensing and cloud services.
- Significant breadth of knowledge and experience handling U.S. and EU privacy and data protection issues and laws, including HIPAA, HITECH, GDPR.
- Experience providing legal support and managing a legal team on a global scale.
- Experience with complex procurement processes (including public sector) is also valuable.
Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks’ Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provides customer experience and service management software that are ready to go, easy to use, and offer quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks’ 3,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. Freshworks has global offices in India, Singapore, Australia, UK, Netherlands, France and Germany. The company counts over 220,000 businesses in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV, Sotheby’s and Cisco.