About The RoleRocketLawyer is looking for a talented senior attorney with significant transactionalexperience, to join its legal group. The attorney will work closely with business team members and serve as counsel on strategic deals, providing legal advice and guidance in connection with company operations.Principal duties include structuring, drafting and negotiation oftechnology development, licensing, procurement, customer,partnership andother commercial agreements, and provision of ongoing legal counseling in the areas of intellectual property, consumerlaw,technology,digital media, and regulatory compliance. Occasionaltravel, domestic andinternational, may berequired.
- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. from a top law school and membership in California state bar is required.
- 5+ years of legal experience as a transactional legal counsel, preferably with some portion of that experience in technology and commercial transactions.
- 3+ years experience in a top national or international law firm.
- In-house legal experience not required, but would definitely be a plus.
- Strong project management and analytical skills are a must, as are strong communications skills (oral and written).
- Contract drafting and negotiating experience is required.
- Experience structuring, drafting and negotiating vendor, intellectual property and commercial agreements in support of product development and consumer-facing businesses.
- Experience with website agreements, terms of service, privacy policies, and contract formation issues.
- Experience establishing and simplifying legal agreements and processes.
- Experience with consumer-facing websites or web services in the legal domain are a plus.
- You must be enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and getting things done, be able to juggle multiple projects and remain organized, be accountable for handling projects through to completion, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
Benefits & Perks
- Fully paid Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees
- Unlimited PTO; take time when you need it and come back refreshed
- Competitive salary packages
- Commuter/Transit Program
- 401k program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Your choice of a Mac or PC
- Monthly onsite masseuse sessions
- “Red Friday” catered lunches
- Company sponsored events, both on- and off-site.