Associate General Counsel- Market Access
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a globally recognized, research-driven, biopharmaceutical company with more than 65 years of history. Headquartered in Switzerland, Ferring is privately owned with over 5,700 employees in nearly 60 countries. In the United States, Ferring identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the fields of reproductive health (infertility), urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, women's health (obstetrics/gynecology) and orthopaedics. Ferring's US operations employ approximately 800 people.
People Come First At Ferring. The Ferring Philosophy places people at the heart of what we do. This guides our relations with patients, physicians, employees, and other stakeholders. We invite you to share our passion for people and the power of science.
Summary: : Reporting to the U.S. General Counsel, this attorney will set legal strategy and policies that enable success of the Market Access objectives; enable commercial success of assigned BU.
- Assess and quantify legal risk and provide strategic options for drug pricing and market access objectives for $700+M USD in sales. Set mitigation strategies where applicable. As a key member of the US Pricing Committee, provide guidance on statutory and regulatory drug price reporting obligations under Medicaid, Medicare and the 340B program, as well as pricing restrictions and contracting requirements under the Veterans Health Care Act of 1992, Tricare, and company's Federal Supply Schedule contract
- Provide guidance and work collaboratively with internal business clients on policies and procedures to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory drug price reporting obligations
- Advise Chief Compliance Officer on healthcare fraud and abuse risks.
- Provide guidance to company's commercial organization when interacting and/or contracting with pharmacies, healthcare professionals, commercial, state and federal payers, managed care organizations and pharmacy benefit managers
- Collaborate with internal business clients, colleagues and external counsel to ensure these various programs meet compliance standards
- Support company product launch initiatives
- Provide legal support for a range of activities associated with implementing patient assistance and support programs
- Provide guidance to company regarding developments in federal and state laws and relevant litigation relating to price reporting and relevant contracting and develop appropriate company policies and processes.
- Lead all commercial legal support for assigned business unit.
- Candidate must hold a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school, admission to and current good standing with the bar of at least one state or the District of Columbia, and a minimum of 10+ years experience practicing law, preferably a substantial number of years in-house.
- 10+ years experience including: FDA regulatory matters and health care law practice with a focus on pharmaceutical and biotechnology products, Market Access, Government Price Reporting, Government enforcement – federal/state laws
- Experience in healthcare compliance law and Regulatory Affairs preferred
- Experience in, or familiarity with health care compliance, prescription drug distribution channel(s) and contracting with the various parties in this channel, how managed care organizations are structured and their role in the prescription drug channel and the rules and regulations concerning healthcare programs (including Medicare, Medicaid, 340B and the Veterans Administration), US Health Care Fraud and
- Abuse Laws, as well as general commercial contracts is strongly preferred.
- Team player, self-motivated, able to demonstrate a history of successfully resolving challenging legal issues and able to effectively deliver sound and clear legal advice in a business setting
- Ability to work cross-functionally and build consensus among various stakeholders while maintaining a compliant approach