We have been retained by an independent global reinsurance company, aiming to develop its Life and P&C business lines, to provide its clients with value-added solutions.
We are looking for the best and brightest for thisConfidential - Associate General Counsel position. You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, cost of living, the compensation and quality of life.
Is this you???
Confidential - Associate General Counsel
Serve as an Attorney in the Law Department providing effective, efficient legal counseling and advice to business units in North and South America. Our Attorneys engage with our business clients, understand their business needs and risks and proactively work with them to reach solutions in a cost-effective manner.
The Associate Counsel’s work will include legal research, document review, contract and document preparation, risk identification and remediation. This role will include the following:
- Provide legal advice and counsel to the business lines and their leadership.
- Risk mitigation, assessment and advice to management.
- Active management of disputes that may arise, including management of outside counsel.
- Document review, negotiation and preparation within expected timeframes and to a high standard of quality.
- Accurate and timely production of all assigned tasks.
- Identify and protect the Company’s interests in all matters.
- Work independently and with minimal guidance from other legal staff.
- Interact with and serve as an educational resource for assigned business lines concerning legal issues and how operational norms and practices interact with legal issues.
- Assume significant roles in projects to enable the business units/internal clients to achieve goals.
- Provide clear, concise legal advice, grounded in thorough knowledge of Company business and process, to senior business unit leadership.
- Proactively engage in the business processes of assigned internal clients so as to anticipate needs and risks.
Must have experience with the following
- Minimum Experience: 7-10 years in private practice or corporate environment.
- Insurance or reinsurance experience required.
- Must possess excellent research and writing skills.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of engaging internal clients, understanding their business issues and concerns, and delivering quality legal advice and consultation in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, intellectually stimulating environment with professionals from multiple disciplines, including treaty, actuarial, finance, operations and sales and marketing.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner both within and outside the Law Department is critical to success.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and projects simultaneously to timely completion.
- Must deliver high quality work product to clients within established timeframes.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and team assignments with minimal supervision and instruction.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and analyses issues, proposes and rolls out relevant solutions after appropriate approvals.
- Communication - Knows how and when to develop/sustain a message and/or an idea (speaking and writing), uses the right tools to present information.
- Resilience - Demonstrates an ability to step back when facing difficult situations and to bounce back after a failure.
- Decision Making - Makes decisions and/or rolls out the decisions taking into account all available information.
- Accountability - Alerts, raises the critical points when needed, shoulders and corrects his/her decisions and shows responsibility regarding cost management.
- Commitment - Makes effort to bring his/her skills and uses his/her expertise to contribute to the success of the Group.
- Curiosity - Demonstrates an appetite for learning and developing his/her-self in his/her field
- Ability to employ information: identify, recognize, record and store digital information to facilitate retrieval and use
- Ability to access information: locate, select and retrieve digital information
- Ability to turn information into business insights, analyze trends and how to compare or combine relevant data sets
- Applysecurity measures in digital environments: protect hardware, software applications, data and personal information
- Ability to create information: generate new digital content and knowledge by organizing, integrating, adapting and applying digital information
- Ability to identify and assess accurate sources of information
- Ability to determine information needs: recognize, define and articulate digital information needs
Managerial competencies (if applicable):
· Leadership - Demonstrates a capacity to drive positively, to convince, to federate around common purpose and to move the teams forward and acts as a role model.
· Team Spirit - Helps his/her colleagues and facilitates working relationships seeking the consensus.
· Feedback - Gives and takes into consideration constructive remarks, with his/her management, peers, clients and employees.
· Flexibility - Adapts to change and shows reactivity to make the best
Contact me via email if interested with resume and salary requirements to: code MCMASSOGC OR if you know a candidate that might be qualified for this role and your refer them we will pay a $1000.00 "referral bonus" if your candidate is hired.