This role will focus on drafting, negotiating, and administering a broad range of contracts, including clinical trial, licensing, supply and other contracts applicable to a fast-growing healthcare company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general legal support to a business unit General Manager, acting as a liaison between the business unit and the corporation’s broader legal and compliance team.
- Provide broad assistance and support to the business unit General Manager and Deputy General Counsel on various other legal matters; including mergers and acquisitions, real estate, employment, intellectual property, environmental, and litigation, etc..
- Coordinate on healthcare regulatory matters with the compliance team.
- Draft, negotiate, review, analyze, and finalize various contracts; including clinical trial contracts and licensing agreements.
- Provide confident counsel and efficient support with an optimal balance of facilitating deals while managing risk.
- Manage work of outside counsel in support of the company’s business development and other activities.
- Self-starter: ability to handle negotiations and close transactions without significant assistance or oversight.
- Strong communication skills.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 90% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 10% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to travel 20% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) from ABA-accredited law school.
- 7+ years of experience in general corporate, contracting, healthcare regulatory, or other legal capacity related to the essential functions of the role.
- Possession of state bar membership.
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- 2+ years of experience as an in-house attorney.
- Experience in the diagnostics industry.