Job ID 17000KB6
Boston-based, leading national provider of home and community-based health and human services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, at-risk youth, persons with acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and elder care. The Company’s common stock trades on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “CIVI.”
Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, the Associate General Counsel, Corporate will assist and support corporate governance matters and in advising the Company on legal and business issues affecting the Company.
Responsible for all aspects of the business law legal function of the Company including:
- SEC reporting, financing
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Legal support of the Company’s equity programs and othercompensation plans
- Corporate maintenance of a large portfolio of subsidiaries and non-profits
- Support of the corporate secretarial duties
- Review and drafting ofcontracts to be entered into by the Company, including:
- real estate leases
- revenue producing contracts with governmental agencies
- information technology agreements
- maintaining trademark portfolio
- Special projects as assigned.
Manage the corporate paralegal, and workcooperativelywithother members of the Company’s Legal Department, senior management and members of Finance,HR, Treasury, Public Strategy, IT, Operations and Quality Improvement.
What we require:
- Must be graduate of an accredited United States law school with a bar admission in good standing.
- Minimum 3 -5years of experience practicing business/corporate law representing public companies in a law firm and/or in-house at such companies.
- Knowledge of Securities Laws is required
- Knowledge of and experiencewithin the human services/healthcare industry strongly preferred
- Flexible approach, client-service oriented, with a demonstrated ability to partner effectively with business clients in a collaborative environment to achieve business objectives.
- Professional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail and advocacy skills.
- Must be able to handle company confidential information and data requiring the highest degree of attention to preserve confidentiality.
- A practical, business-based approach to problem solving.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k), PTO and Holiday Pay
- Annual performance-based bonus plan and eligibility in equity grant program
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- Advancement opportunities within our nation-wide Network (this role is vacant due to an internal promotion)