The Associate General Counsel, Compliance will report to Tesla’s Vice President for Legal and will work to ensure company-wide compliance with relevant law and regulations, that Company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior throughout the organization is ethical and consistent with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. The position is based in Fremont, CA.
· Identify potential areas of compliance risk and vulnerability, and develop additional policies and procedures to help minimize that risk.
· Assess compliance risks for all new business lines, products and services and recommend risk mitigation strategies.
· Drive the implementation of compliance and operational risk management processes across the Company.
· Report to the Audit Committee on a quarterly basis on compliance-related matters.
· Conduct internal investigations, as needed, of potential violations of law or Company policy, and where investigations reveal gaps in controls, work with the business and Tesla’s Internal Audit Team to put in place additional processes and controls.
· Oversee the development and delivery of compliance training programs.
· Advise members of the business regarding how to implement business initiatives in a manner that is consistent with Tesla compliance policies and best practices.
· Conduct periodic legal reviews of the Company’s compliance program. Compile and analyze information from such legal reviews to propose revisions to compliance policies and procedures as needed.
· Work closely with Tesla’s Internal Audit Team to identify weakness in the Company’s compliance program.
· Keep abreast of regulatory developments to identify the potential impact to Tesla’s business.
· Update legal and compliance department colleagues on developments regarding significant or emerging legal and compliance risks.
· A Juris Doctor (J.D.) from an accredited law school is required.
· The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of work experience, including having built or grown an in-house compliance team at a publicly traded company.
· The ability to learn on the job and manage constantly changing priorities.
· Excellent customer service and written/verbal communication skills required.
· High level of professionalism with strong judgment and commitment to ethical issues.
· Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational skills and the proven ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously while maintaining high quality and performance under pressure.
· Ability to work independently and with a diverse set of personalities in a team environment.
· Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check.
The ideal candidate has the following personal characteristics
· Results-driven, has a strong sense of urgency and is able to drive results.
· Business-minded and comfortable in an environment where ROI matters.
· Comfortable in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment where demands and priorities change rapidly.
· Able to effectively interact with, influence and collaborate with other members of the organization.
· Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, working proactively, being resourceful, and taking on additional responsibility.