On behalf of the Legal Department, for designated transactions (a) lead the organization’s efforts with respect to the negotiation and execution of (i), software as a service (SaaS) agreements, (ii) software license agreements with service providers and resellers and (iii) other agreements related to the conduct of the Company’s business, (b) provide guidance related to cloud computing and software licensing matters, including data privacy (national and international), data processing and other regulatory compliance requirements, (c) assist with the Company’s responses from the prospect stage (including RFP responses) through contract execution and assist with respect to contract compliance on a “go forward” basis, (d) provide general corporate and contracts advice and analysis of Company’s responsibilities under its contracts and (d) develop, draft and implement new contract vehicles and arrangements in response to the Company’s evolving business/service delivery models. Items (a)-(d) shall be done with minimal to no direct supervision by the Deputy General Counsel.
Duties and responsibilities
- In-depth knowledge of SaaS and licensing issues and the Company’s products and services is necessary to recommend and counsel management on the appropriate legal and contractual course of action.
- Ability to interact with and provide advice to senior management, as needed.
- Ability to make independently and with limited oversight good decisions based upon a combination of analysis, legal and company knowledge, experience and judgment.
- Possess software licensing and SaaS transactional expertise and provide advice and counsel on related matters to other departments as needed.
- Demonstrate expertise in a variety of other legal areas including general contracts law and data privacy and data processing matters.
- Negotiate and close contracts to meet the goals of the organization within internal and external compliance and legal parameters.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited law school, admitted into a US state bar and in good standing.
- Knowledge of complex software licensing and SaaS transactions and related legal matters required.
- Good working knowledge of general contract matters required.
- Must be able to negotiate and close contracts to meet the goals of the organization within internal and external compliance and legal parameters.
- Must be able to write clearly and succinctly.
- At least 15years of relevant experience.
- Solution oriented
- Productive and efficient in planning and executing work
- Effective in a variety of presentation settings (internal/external customers, senior management, one-to-ones, small and large groups, with peers and direct reports)
- Experience at both a private law firm and in-house a major plus.