The Role in Brief
Associate Front End Engineer
Seeking a Font-end Engineer to solve deep problems with a platform-wide User Interface platform for rapid application development. The role involves supporting the development of a new programming language and the components it uses to construct interfaces.
This role is based in Washington, D.C.
- Aide in the development of solutions that support consistent information architecture, taxonomies, visual standards, interaction patterns, and use cases across multiple applications
- Self-start and steward your implementations through the software development process ensuring you champion the standards of the UX team in every development challenge
- Follow common sustainable page design, management, and development methodologies
- Perform testing at the page & source for presentation layer defects
- Writing HTML5 Web Components
- Writing in Typescript to solve deep software language and classical computer science problems
- Developing accessible solutions across the platform
- Passion for making dynamic, performant, enterprise web applications
- Experience as a front-end engineer or technical college degree
- Understanding of SDLC and the technical and business challenges that come with development of a product
- This position will be a busy one. Self-drive and a desire to work hard, cranking through a backlog and keeping up with multiple fast-paced teams is required.
- Thorough, methodical, problem solver and creative with extreme attention to detail
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills. This role must easily be able to have clear communication over email, IM, phone, and in person.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Expert at time management as well as working & finding answers to questions independently
- 2+ years of experience with as a front-end engineer
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Typescript, Polymer, VueJS
- Experience with traditional software patterns and application architecture
- Experience with a broad range of HTML5 API's
- Experience as a Developer and/or Accessibility Consultant preferred
- Experience with the object-oriented, functional, logic and imperative programming
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, User Experience, or a related field