Associate Foreclosure, SESO
Less than 5 years experience • Legal Services
· The Attorney is licensed in Georgia responsible for overseeing all legal aspects for cases.
· Admission to the Bankruptcy court preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manage assigned portfolio of client cases
· Draft the foreclosure complaint/notice of hearing, motions and orders for default, decree of foreclosure, notice of sale and trustees' deed or sheriff's deed after sale.
· Research and analyze statutes, judicial decisions, legal articles, codes and the like.
· Communicate with clients, internal staff and others to ensure case is handled appropriately.
· Input and maintain information into case management system and ensure data integrity.
· Attend hearings, settlement conferences and other appearances as necessary.
· Establish a strong follow-up system to ensure deadlines are not missed for which various pleadings must be served and filed.
· Prioritize and work at a fast pace on a high volume of files, with a great attention to detail.
· Travel to court and clients, as necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
· J.D from an ABA accredited law school
· Bar Admission, Georgia, active and in good standing for a minimum of two years
· Foreclosure experience with lenders and mortgage services in the state of practice, preferred.
· Creditor’s Rights Bankruptcy experience a plus
· Litigation skills
· Experience in various client systems used in default services, such as LPS, Lenstar, and TEMPO a plus.
· Previous experience with electronic case management systems preferred.
· Geographic location within commuting distance to Columbia, SC strongly preferred
· Knowledge of laws related to practice areas, legal codes and court procedures.
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills to communicate with other attorneys, staff and clients.
· Outstanding organizational skills.
· Ability to handle a large volume of cases
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products, such as Outlook and Word
· The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually required to talk, hear and walk, occasionally required to stand and lift and frequently required to sit, reach with hands, talk and touch.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
· The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of the job, the employee is usually in an indoor office environment.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.