In this fast paced, highly interactive role, you will contribute to the achievement of net sales, profit and share objectives by partnering with our Customer Development team in the development and execution of effective and efficient customer business plans while providing the team with timely financial analysis and insights to facilitate sound business decisions. The Associate Finance Manager – Customer Development role provides you an opportunity to influence price and promotional activities with our major strategic customers, in essence, acting as CFO to the Customer Development team.
The position reports directly to the Associate Director – Customer Development and is the senior financial advisor to the Director of Sales for the supported team. Customer Development teams are typically located at remote office sites; therefore the incumbent is generally the senior finance representative in the field. Key customers include Customer Development Leaders and Team Members, Logistics Leaders, Headquarter Sales Leaders, Business Service Leaders, and Staff Business Analysis.
You will provide all the financial support for the customer team, supporting the achievement of business results by assisting in effective business and financial planning and by participating in the development and implementation of strategic and tactical operating plans. A principal activity of this position is to ensure that business and financial planning processes meet business unit and corporate needs and, through analysis, that plans and programs are accurately presented and evaluated.
- Provide the Customer Development team with financial advice and counsel on all pertinent business matters by supplying ongoing, timely, and meaningful financial analysis, both routine and as needed, of business results, trade promotion, and other expenses. Information provided should include both the impact to KC and to the Customer.
- Provide external information to the Customer where required in support of joint annual planning, budgeting and event analysis. The level of support is dictated by the specific need of the customer.
- Coordinate the Integrated Customer Business Plan process to ensure timelines are met and plans are delivered. Be the central point of contact for the forecasting of Volume, Sales and Trade Promotion for long range planning. Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Track and evaluate Team performance results versus budget and forecasts and provide status updates to the Director of Sales, including analysis of change and recommendations for plan adjustments needed to deliver team objectives. Identify growth opportunities arising from areas such as product profit mix, promotion efficiencies, and trade return on investment.
- Assist the Customer Business Partners in developing and implementing cost effective promotion plans. Perform post promotion event analyses as necessary to ensure event efficiencies match expectations and recommend changes to future events where appropriate.
- Provide management oversight to Trade Spending including making recommendations for the allocation of Trade funds and communicating funding requirements to the Headquarter teams.
- Penetrate the Customer organization to develop a strong relationship between KC and the Customer.
- Ensure application of efficient and effective financial and operating controls. Promote sound internal control programs and support the Corporation's requirement for strong central financial control by reporting to the Director of Finance – Customer Development whenever Corporate Financial Policies or instructions are not being followed or appear inappropriate, inadequate or out-of-date.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality performance through personal example by adopting a customer-based approach to business support.
- Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates, and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; and clear, yet responsive.
- BS degree in Finance or related field
- 5-7 years of proven and progressive experience in finance.
- High degree of financial competence. Knowledge of the financial and business implications of general business practices is essential.
- KC Consumer Business Analysis experience that enhances the incumbents’ network of contacts, resources, and understanding of the staff environment is desirable.
- Passion to be an integral partner to the business. Role and environment requires a person that will be an active member of the Customer leadership team.