Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Perform a variety of basic field engineering functions related to the application of division products to the customer’s requirements
- Become as knowledgeable as possible on Division products in as short a period of time as possible, primarily through existing training programs and individual concerted effort
- Analyze and solve engineering problems associated with field installation and operation of control systems and/or control equipment
- Independent assignments typically involve situations where total system function has been previously established
- Assist in carrying out more complex engineering assignments under the direction of more senior field engineering personnel
- Provide instruction to customer personnel as needed for those tasks usually assigned within this position’s responsibilities
- Although not typically the primary interface with the customer, develop and maintain good customer relations on assigned tasks with emphasis on total customer satisfaction
- Participate in the writing, review, and revision of field related and/or operational procedures associate with Division products
- Participate in “team” assignments aimed at problem resolution, project/product familiarization, and product testing and evaluation
- Assignments may be at customer sites or at the Division within the field engineering or product line organizations
- Provide complete and timely reports ton all activities with emphasis on defining problems encountered, services rendered, and customer reaction to the supplied product and services
- Become certified on divisional products where appropriate
The position requires 75% travel.
The position requires a BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSCHE/BS Computer Engineering or equivalent experience in related fields. An EIT is desirable Cisco certifications are a plus.